- Me: Oooh--
- Spouse: No.
- Me: ZOMG LEOPARD--
- Spouse: NO.
- Me: Sparkly--
- Spouse: IS THAT ON THE LIST?
- Me: Pacifier clips? THEY ARE ON THE LIST.
- Spouse: ONE.
- Me: Hey, Super Hero Squad figurines! And they have Gwen Stacy!
- Spouse: And Nick Fury! Hey, this other pack has Black Widow! WE NEED ALL THREE OF THESE SETS.
- Me: Honey, we already have Black Widow. And ours is better. This one looks... vapid.
- Spouse: Okay, okay. TWO of them.
- So, yeah, Super Hero Squad figurines are basically spouse's kryptonite. Especially when there are women or POC in the box.
I am a 30-something middle-class White cis woman in the US, bisexual, married to a man, dealing with a body with potentially lethal but generally non-disabling defects, struggling to finish a PhD, raising a daughter, and supervising four cats.
This blog is whatever I feel like: current events, hair dye, sociological perspectives, nail polish & eye make-up, fandom & slash (mainly Tony/Steve), discussion and criticism of healthcare in the United States, femme/fashion stuff, media criticism, mix CDs...
You've come to the wrong place for consistency, kid.
I teach sociology courses on various types of inequality, so I blog a lot about inequality and frequently tag that content "teaching materials" because I may want to use it in classes.
I had a baby this year, so you're also going to hear a lot about pregnancy & child-rearing (personal), the medicalization of pregnancy and childbirth (political), and general baby/parenting stuff (personal-political). The baby has a fashion blog.